Bluesmaster Custom 59
I began design work on the Bluesmaster in 1993. I finalized all specs with the Bluesmaster "59 prototype, which was completed 2001, merging features of two of my favourite solid body guitars.
The Bluesmaster "59 comes standard with a .5" carved Maple top,1.75" Mahogany back and neck and a bound Rosewood fingerboard with celluloid inlays. I offer this model with either a solid or chambered back. It can be ordered with either P 90s or Humbuckers.
- Set neck with 1959 LP style extended tenon
- Routes: All control routes as per 1959 LP style
- Back: Premium grade 1 or 2 piece 1.75" Mahogany
- Top: Premium grade carved Flame Eastern Maple, 1/2” top thickness
- Binding: Creme colored Cellulose Butyrate binding (top)
- Pickguard: Bound Tortoise pick guard
- (all measurements in inches, @ 1st and 12th frets)
- Neck Shape(s): Slim 60´s C .822"- .901", Round 59" .874"-.960", "58 Vintage soft V .925"- 1", Fat U neck .925"-1"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 1.685"
- Neck Material: One piece Mahogany neck with 1959 LP style extended tenon
- Fretboard: Premium Rosewood
- Trussrod: Gustavsson dual action trussrod (vintage compression style single rod with no condom)
- Fingerboard binding: Creme coloured Cellulose butyrate binding
- Fretboard Inlays:Vintage Moto Crown inlays
- Side dots: Tortoise
- String nut: Bone
- Headstock Overlay: Holly Veneer
- Headstock inlay: Pearl JG logo
- Headstock angle: 17 degrees
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: Throbak SLE 101 mxv Ltd
- Neck Pickup: Throbak SLE 101 mxv Ltd
- Pickup Switching: 3 way toggle
- Controls: Neck volume, Neck tone, Bridge volume, Bridge tone controls (with push/pull for coil tap)
- Hardware Finish: Gold or Nickel
- Bridge: Gustavsson intonatable wraparound bridge
- Tuners: Kluson Deluxe Keystone tuners
- High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer without plasticisers
- Case: JG /G & G Rectangular Hardshell (Brown with Pink lining)